Static Web Applications run independently of the need for server-side dynamic processing. Static web architecture eases common web development headaches without introducing additional complexity. This guide will introduce you to the world of static web applications and offer solutions to common challenges encountered while building them. Welcome!
- Defining Static Web Apps Static web applications are delivered to a user's browser without any server-side processing, but that doesn't mean they're any less capable.
- Why Build Static Web Apps? There are hundreds of web application architectures, and it can be hard to understand what to choose. Learn why a static app might be right for your project.
- Now You're Thinking With Services When building a static app, it can help to think of your project as a number of different services that all work together to accomplish your business goals.
- Assembling Your Static App Stack Building a static app isn't the end of your technological decision-making. Learn about the various types of tools you can use to build powerful static web apps.
- Routing URLs in Static Apps URLs are an important part of your application's user experience, but can be a challenge in static applications. Learn what you can do and why you should care.
- Authentication and Authorization Authentication is perhaps the single most common requirement of any application, and quickly and easily registering for a service can make a huge difference for the user.
- Cross-Domain Requests With CORS Cross-Origin Resource Sharing is a powerful technology for static web apps that allows you to safely request and utilize data from other servers. Learn how to use it!
Firebase offers a complete solution for building web apps from the front-end. With Firebase Hosting to host your Static Apps and the Firebase Real-Time Database for your data, you can build your whole app on Firebase!